- 8-days Swiss Travel Pass – 1st Class
- Lucerne’s Enchanting Christmas Markets: Lucerne’s Christmas market is a delightful affair, adorned with numerous stalls brimming with tempting Christmas treats and hearty meals to warm your soul. Whether you seek the comforting embrace of flaming fire tongs punch or the soothing allure of mulled wine, you’ll find solace from the cold here. With a rich tradition spanning many years, this market provides a charming setting to immerse yourself in the festive spirit. The most celebrated location to experience Lucerne’s markets during this Advent season is none other than the Franziskanerplatz in Luzern.
- Interlaken’s Enchanting Christmas Market: Immerse yourself in the magic of the INTERLAKEN CHRISTMAS MARKET, where a captivating Christmas experience unfolds in a truly enchanting location. Interlaken’s town center undergoes a remarkable transformation, becoming a festive Christmas market wonderland adorned with a diverse range of regional treasures. This warm and inviting market is a magnet for both locals and visitors, beckoning all to come together and share in the joy of the Christmas season.
- Montreux’s Enchanting Christmas Market: The CHRISTMAS MARKET IN MONTREUX is a sight to behold, boasting over 150 beautifully adorned and illuminated chalets along the picturesque Lake Geneva promenade. This market stands out as one of Switzerland’s most exquisite and innovative Christmas destinations. While the regional culinary delights, a plethora of gift ideas, and live musical entertainment add to its charm, what truly sets Montreux Noël apart are its unique attractions. From a grand Ferris wheel to engaging children’s workshops, an additional site in the charming town of Caux above Montreux, and Santa’s cozy abode perched atop the Rochers de Naye, it offers an all-encompassing Christmas experience that’s nothing short of perfect.
Duration: 7 nights / 8 days
No. of persons: 1 pax.
Meals included: breakfast daily and tastings (food tours) as per itinerary
Guides, drivers: Tour-leader and local guides, Private mini-bus driver throughout your trip
- Explore Lucerne, Christmas markets in Lucerne
- Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe)
- Enjoy Christmas spirit in Montreux: Market Square & Flying Santa Claus
- Jungfrau Ski Region: Winter In Interlaken / Grindelwald / Wengen
Swiss travel pass includes train and other public transportation throughout the whole of Switzerland. Taxi transfers from TRAIN STATIONS TO HOTELS AND BACK (where needed) are subject to supplement.
Explore Lucerne on your own: Lucerne ranks amongst the world’s prettiest cities, and there is so much to see. Contributing to Lucerne’s cityscape alongside the world-famous Chapel Bridge and Water Tower are the Musegg Wall, the Jesuit Church, the Mill Bridge, the Lion Monument and many more.
The rest of the day free time for your own exploring and overnight.
Tip of the day
Restaurant suggestion in Lucerne area:
RESTAURANT SUGGESTIONS IN LUCERNE:
*OLD SWISS HOUSE; Swiss, German and international food in amazing atmosphere.
*STERN LUZERN; modern Swiss and international cuisine with occasional nods to tradition, firmly rooted in the local terroir and interpreted to the highest culinary standards.
*RESTAURANT HERMITAGE; restaurant on the lakeside terrace, serving Swiss and international dishes.
*RESTAURANT BALANCES; Standing alongside the Reuss River. Fresh creations inspired by the season and good wines.
Mt. Pilatus: Maker of weather, dragon’s lair, home to giants and grave of rulers: Lucerne’s very own mountain, Pilatus, is one of the most legendary places in Central Switzerland. And one of the most beautiful. On a clear day the mountain offers a panoramic view of 73 Alpine peaks. Even today
Pilatus is a source of mystical discoveries and is home to places of natural beauty that are steeped in legend and lore. The mountain can be reached from Lucerne by gondola lift and aerial cable car.
WINTER: Soak up the sun above the clouds on Pilatus-Kulm, at 2,073m above sea level. In winter, there’s plenty of fun to be had on the two tobogganing runs from Fräkmüntegg to Krienseregg. You can rent toboggans at the Fräkmüntegg-Krienseregg middle station. The Christmas season begins on Pilatus-Kulm in mid- November with Europe’s highest Christmas market.
Tip of the day – more options for this day:
- Chocolate tasting: CHOCOLATE TASTING (45 min): An exclusive tasting in lively boutique in Lucerne is a feast for all your senses. Chocolate experts will take you on a journey into the world of cocoa and share their knowledge about the quality and ingredients of our chocolate treats with you. During a chocolate tasting, you will enjoy 6 – 7 seasonal treats and you will be able to ask everything you ever wanted to know about
- Cheese fondue and raclette cruise: CHEESE FONDUE AND RACLETTE CRUISE at 00
pm: Good food and great vibes make for a fantastic combination on this jovial evening cruise that showcases the very best of Swiss cuisine. Enjoy the fantastic views that only Lake Lucerne can offer.
- Fondue Gondola: Float delightfully up into the heights and feast on the delicious cheese fondue during the gondola ride. / approx. 2 hrs / 150 per person
- Cheese e-Tuk tuk tour: Discover Lucerne with the best fondue on a 90 minutes ride with the electrical eTuk an enjoy the great atomsphere and the delicious fondue. Delightful on every level! / 90 min / 110 EUR per person
- Swiss cooking class in Kriens with a professional chef: SWISS COOKING CLASS WITH PROFESSIONAL CHEF: Join Marco in
his professional kitchen, a space designed for teaching, to cook the dishes that you will be eating later. During your two-hour, hands-on cooking class help Marco prepare three dishes from scratch – a seasonal starter, a main and dessert. After your cooking class join Marco at the dining table to relish the dishes you helped prepare.
Christmas markets in Lucerne: CHRISTMAS MARKETS IN LUCERNE: The Christmas market in Luzern consists of plenty of stalls where the visitor is offered Christmas baked goods and hot meals. Flaming fire tongs punch or mulled wine will help against the cold. The Christmas market has a long tradition and offers visitors a nice surrounding to get into the mood for the festive season. Most renowned place to visit Lucerne’s markets this Advent is on the Franziskanerplatz in Luzern.
Train transfer to Interlaken.
Continue your day with Top of Europe Jungfraujoch: Enjoy a combination of spectacular new tricable gondola ride Eiger Express and cogwheel train ride through green meadows and the hard rock of the Mountain Eiger to Europe’s highest railway station at 11,333 ft: the famous Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe). A visit to the Jungfraujoch is an unforgettable experience in a high-Alpine wonderland of eternal ice and snow and a true highlight of a visit in Switzerland. The Sphinx is the highest vantage point on the Top of Europe at 3,571m. Once at the top you will have magnificent views of the longest ice stream in the Alps, the Aletsch Glacier. The mighty Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau massif soaring almost vertically up from the valley is also a sight to behold. This whole area is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The average temperature during the summer months varies from around -9c to 1.7c degrees.
- new Eiger Express tricable gondola ride
- Ice Palace
- Alpine Sensation
- Jungfrau-Panorama: A 360 degree panoramic mountain experience, with a film allowing you to enter the magical world of the Jungfraujoch as it changes through 365 days of the
- Lindt Chocolate Heaven
- Sphinx Viewing Platform
- Glacier Suspension Bridge
- Snow Fun Park
- Hike to Mönchsjoch Hut
You have a choice of restaurants here, from a quick snack in the self service cafeteria to a more leisurely lunch in the Crystal restaurant.
In the afternoon pick up your ski rental equipment for next- 2-days skiing.
Tip of the day – options in Interlaken:
- Restaurant suggestions in Grindelwald: – RESTAURANT BELVEDERE: Fresh, home-
grown ingredients, Swiss specialties, and Mediterranean-inspired dishes.
- GLACIER: Imaginative spins on seasonal regional
- BARRY’S: Enchanting mountain hut ambiance with staged history.
- INTERLAKEN CHRISTMAS MARKET: The INTERLAKEN CHRISTMAS MARKET is
an atmospheric Christmas experience in a magical location. Interlaken’s town centre is transformed into a Christmas market landscape with an array of regional products. The friendly market attracts locals as well as visitors to join in the Christmas spirit.
- Funky Chocolate Making workshop: Even though chocolate making is very serious business Funky Chocolate try to have as much fun as possible with all of their products. Their love and passion for chocolate led them to this crazy idea – let’s open a meeting point for all chocolate lovers, let’s share secrets of Swiss chocolate with travelers from all over the world.
- Alpine cheese dairy: Witness the cheese production process and savor the freshly made products. Explore life in a mountain hut and indulge in the delightful flavors of cheese and sausages. A 20-minute walk from Aeschiried leads to the alpine dairy, Aeschi-Allmend, where this memorable journey / 1-2 hrs /
There is plenty to see and do on the First mountain, one of the most scenic areas in the Jungfrau region. Not to be missed is the summit attraction – the Cliff Walk by Tissot – which consists of a suspension bridge jutting out from the side of the mountain, with an amazing 45m long observation platform. You will enjoy unparalleled views of the mountains.
JUNGFRAU SKI REGION: WINTER IN INTERLAKEN / GRINDELWALD / WENGEN:
Two valleys, three mountain ranges and 210 kilometres of perfectly prepared pistes. In the Jungfrau ski region snow fans can enjoy activities of all types and be in their element. The winter paradise with the backdrop of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau offers skiers and snowboarders everything their hearts desire: gentle slopes, steep drops, snow and fun parks, racing tracks and powder parties.
Tip of the day – more options on this day:
- Boat ride on Thun Lake: A cruise on the clear, blue waters of Lake Thun amid the mountains of the Bernese Oberland is an unforgettable During the unhurried two-hour trip between Thun and Interlaken, you can indulge in fine cuisine while casting admiring gazes at the castles.
- Paragliding in Interlaken: Enjoy spectacular views of mountain panorama and lakes as you glide with Twin Paragliding from one of the peaks down to the centre of Interlaken. View the Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau, Schilthorn, Titlis and the crystal clear lakes of Thun and Brienz. You will fly over the Aare river and land in the centre of Interlaken on the Hohematte park.
- Snowshoe and Sled Adventure: SNOWSHOE AND SLED ADVENTURE: Explore the majesty of the Swiss Alps in style on this 6-hour snowshoe and sled adventure from Interlaken. Travel by gondola to the mountain hamlet of Sulwald with a guide and admire stunning views over the Grindlewald Valley. Stomp through the snow-covered forests beneath the soaring peaks of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains, and enjoy outdoor adventure in the heart of the Swiss
- First Flyer Winter: In the winter, the First Flyer becomes a thrilling winter wonderland adventure. Glide through snowy landscapes, surrounded by glistening white peaks, as you experience the exhilarating zipline ride down Mt. First. Feel the crisp winter air on your face and take in the enchanting winter scenery on this unforgettable winter activity.
- First Glider: The latest First attraction really makes your mountain adventure TheEagle’ begins by carrying 4 passengers back up the mountain at 72 kilometres per hour, before returning once more to Schreckfeld at even higher speeds. The 800-metre-long flight path is thus travelled once in each direction – and you will soon discover that flying backwards is a lot of fun.
SKI DAY#2 and free day to enjoy and explore the area of Grindelwald, Wengen and Interlaken.
See more optional suggestions below:
- SPA & Relax: Schweizerhof SPA awaits you with a heated indoor pool, sun terrace, steam bath, bio sauna, Finn sauna, glacier grotto, tropical rain shower and private SPA. A world of sensations is ready for you to be discovered. High quality massages, treatments and cosmetic offers will pamper you at the highest
- Day Sledding small group: Zoom down our 1 hour sledding trail through snowy forests, past frozen waterfalls and stunning views of the snow- capped peaks. After a 20 minute drive from Interlaken we take a small cable car up to a tiny mountain village looking directly accross at the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. During the decent we stop to see the views and take care of the group.
- Night sledding with fondue: Travel from Interlaken high into the Swiss Alps, take in the starlit winter panorama and then zip down the 1 hour long sled run. Along the way the trail winds through the woods, crosses alpine meadows and passes majestic frozen waterfalls. After the sled run, guests who book the optional dinner will be taken to a local restaurant where we enjoy a traditional Swiss winter
A great combination of winter fun, nature, and Swiss traditions Night Sledding is suitable for everybody. / 4 hrs / 100 EUR per person
- World’s longest sledge: Experience the thrill of the world’s longest sledge run from First After 2,5 hours walk to Faulhorn, you will fly down the exhilarating track, covering over
15 kilometers of snowy slopes. Enjoy breathtaking views and an unforgettable adventure.
Enjoy Skiing on Schilthorn; Part of the Jungfrau Ski Region, the Mürren-Schilthorn winter sports area stretches out from 1600 to almost 3000 metres above sea level. Its altitude makes the area particularly snow sure, enabling winter sports operations in the upper Birg-Schilthorn section until the end of April.
An extensive network of some 50 kilometres of perfectly prepared pistes caters to all tastes and abilities. The steepest ski slope is also located in this area: Piste No. 9 – the aptly named Direttissima – is 400 metres long and boasts a gradient of 88 percent.
Tip of the day – other options:
- Mürren via Ferrata: Explore the unique Mürren via Ferrata, located below the picturesque mountain village of Mürren. Our mountain guide will equip you and lead you through the easy initial part to the thrilling “Hammerecke” and an airy suspension bridge with a 400m drop. End at Gimmelwald and take the cable car back up to Mürren or down to / 2-3 hrs
- Paragliding Over the Swiss Alps from Lauterbrunnen: Float high over the Swiss Alps on this paragliding adventure from Flying tandem with an experienced pilot, soar over the alpine landscape of the Schilthorn and the Lauterbrunnen U- Valley. / 1h30m / 220 per person
- Typical Swiss Villages of Gimmelwald & Mürren: Visit Gimmelwald & Mürren, with traditional house designs and the unique Mürren dialect. This is the highest inhabited village in the canton of Bern, situated on a terrace 1650m above Lauterbrunnen Accessible by cable car and train from Lauterbrunnen, or by cableway from Stechelberg with stunning views of waterfalls and rock faces. Take the cable car to the car-free village of Mürren and up to the Schilthorn peak at 2970m. / 2-3 hrs
- THE ROYAL WALK MÄNNLICHEN: THE ROYAL WALK and especially the summit platform in crown form improve the magnificent view from Männlichen even more. To be able to enjoy it, you only have to make the smallest of efforts: a comfortable walk (some 30 min) leads from one station of the themed path to the next, and in less than half an hour you are on the rocky nose.
- Ice Magic Interlaken: VISIT ICE MAGIC RING IN INTERLAKEN: In winter it’s normal for towns to set up temporary ice rinks, but Interlaken goes way beyond that. On Höheweg from the middle of December to the end of February, Ice Magic is a small world of ice. There are five rinks at Ice Magic, all interconnected by 450 metres of ice ramps.
- Night sledding with fondue: Night sledding with fondue: Travel from Interlaken high into the Swiss Alps, take in the starlit winter panorama and then zip down the 1 hour long sled Along the way the trail winds through the woods, crosses alpine meadows and passes majestic frozen waterfalls. After the sled run, guests who book the optional dinner will be taken to a local restaurant where we enjoy a traditional Swiss winter meal.
- Spa & Relax in Interlaken: SPA & RELAX IN VICTORIA JUNGFRAU HOTEL in Interlaken: Treat yourself to some ‘me’ time in our delightful Day Spa – as time out for yourself. The varied offering has something for all times of the day and for any need: relax at the end of your day with the Afterwork offer. / Spa & Relax in Interlaken per group
- Winter Jetboat Ride with Fondue in Interlaken: Go on Switzerland´s most exciting boat ride, take 360-degree views and spins, see the breathtaking winter landscapes on an empty lake, learn about the lake and its history from your captain and above all enjoy a delicious swiss cheese / 2-3 hrs
Train transfer to Montreux. Check-in at the hotel.
Enjoy Christmas spirit: Market Square & Flying Santa Claus. An emblematic structure of the city, its Covered Market hosts many illuminated decorations that make it a friendly place for the whole family.
Visit Chillon Castle, located on a rock on the banks of Lake Geneva. The water castle is the most visited historic building in Switzerland. For nearly four centuries Chillon was the residence and profitable toll station of the Counts of Savoy.
There are also scheduled guided group/private tours available (supplement)
Optionally: Meet the real Santa Claus at the top of Rochers-de-Naye!
A visit to the house and office of the real Father Christmas at Rochers-de-Naye at an altitude of 2,042 m. The ride on the cogwheel railway is worth the detour in itself and meeting Santa Claus will make every little visitor’s eyes shine.
Tip of the day:
- Montreux Noël – WINTER (CHRISTMAS): MONTREUX NOËL: Montreux completely transforms itself in preparation for the Christmas. For a whole month, the city is decked and decorated to celebrate the festival in style. There are medieval markets, a Father Christmas, and the Château hosts a fairytale festival. Nearby Caux also transforms itself into an authentic and mesmerizing portrayal of a Christmas
- Trip to Vevey: Vevey is a charming town on Lake Geneva’s shore, featuring medieval, 19th- century, and Belle Epoch The elegant waterfront is home to the Hotel du Lac and a large market square. The Alimentarium, an interactive museum of food history, is located near Charlie Chaplin’s monument.
- Cooking class in Vevey: COOKING CLASS IN VEVEY: – upon availability:
-Atelier Cuisine: Since year 2006, Atelier Cuisine has been passing on the passion for cooking within a cozy and unique atmosphere with the accent on friendliness and eating as a gourmet. You will cook together before sitting down to eat with you and to taste the dishes we prepared. OR
-Alimentarium: Food museum with interactive & historical exhibits, a restaurant & an educational vegetable garden. / 2,5-3 hrs / From 150 eur per person
- Christmas market in Montreux: CHRISTMAS MARKET IN MONTREUX: Over 150 decorated and illuminated chalets on the quays of Lake Geneva make for one of the most beautiful and innovative Christmas markets in Switzerland. But it’s not the regional culinary specialties, thousands of gift ideas and musical entertainment that make Montreux Noël A big Ferris wheel, children’s workshops, the additional site in the town of Caux above Montreux and Santa’s house atop the Rochers de Naye make it the perfect Christmas destination.
Discover the breathtaking beauty of Switzerland, a land where nature’s wonders unfold at every turn. Nestled in the heart of Europe, Switzerland is a destination that will capture your imagination and leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
Picture yourself standing in awe as majestic snow-capped peaks rise before you, creating a backdrop that seems straight out of a postcard. Whether you’re a fan of winter sports or simply yearn for a serene mountain getaway, Switzerland offers an abundance of opportunities to indulge in your passions. Ski down powdery slopes, hike through lush alpine meadows, or take a cable car ride to witness panoramic views that will take your breath away.
But Switzerland is not just about its iconic mountains. Explore charming cities like Zurich, Geneva, and Lucerne, where historic architecture harmoniously blends with a vibrant modern atmosphere. Stroll along cobblestone streets, visit world-class museums, and immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of this enchanting country.
Immerse your senses in the world of Swiss gastronomy. Indulge in creamy Swiss chocolates, savor the flavors of authentic Swiss cheese fondue, and enjoy the finest Swiss wines. From cozy mountain huts to Michelin-starred restaurants, Switzerland’s culinary scene is sure to delight even the most discerning food lover.
Embark on unforgettable train journeys that showcase Switzerland’s unparalleled natural beauty. Marvel at cascading waterfalls, emerald lakes, and picturesque valleys as you traverse the country on panoramic routes. Whether it’s the Glacier Express, Bernina Express, or GoldenPass Line, each journey promises a front-row seat to some of the world’s most captivating landscapes.
Switzerland is a country that exudes tranquility, safety, and a commitment to sustainability. Its efficient transportation system, clean cities, and respect for the environment make it an ideal destination for responsible travelers seeking a harmonious connection with nature.
So why choose Switzerland? Because it’s a place where dreams come true, where breathtaking scenery and cultural treasures converge, and where every moment is filled with wonder. Whether you seek adventure, relaxation, or a taste of Swiss hospitality, Switzerland promises an unforgettable experience that will leave you yearning to return. Start your Swiss adventure today and let this remarkable country captivate your heart.