Active, Adrenaline and Adventurous Holidays in Slovenia
Duration: 6 nights / 7 days
No. of persons: 1 pax.
Meals included: breakfast daily and tastings (food tours) as per itinerary
Guides, drivers: Local guides as per program, Private car with English-speaking driver throughout your trip
- Soca River Rafting Trip
- Kranjska Gora, Lake Jasna, Zelenci Natural reserve
- Bled Canyoning activity
- Zip line
- Ballooning above lake Bled
Arrival to Venice or Ljubljana Airport and private transfer to Bovec (approx. 2 hours).
Rest of the day at leisure.
The “Emerald” Soča is a remarkably beautiful river valley. Explore Bovec, a charming little place with lots of good restaurants, bars and opportunities for adventure sports.
Start your morning with Soca River Rafting Trip: Rafting is a unique experience for all generations. Through rafting on the rapids of the emerald river we strengthen the team spirit and admire the beauty surrounding us.
Soča Rafting trip takes place on the most attractive section of the river Soča, from the waterfall Boka to the village of Trnovo ob Soci (exact location depends on the river’s water level).
Duration of activity: approx. 3 hours.
In the afternoon you can relax or continue with activities in the Soča Valley. See our favorite suggestions below Tip of the day options.
Tip of the day:
– CHEESE TASTING: Soca Valley is very famous for its cheese production and can be compared with some varieties of Swiss cheese. Visit one of such cheese producer in domestic ambience.
– SOCA FLY FISHING: The purity of Slovenian rivers will take your breath away. Even though Slovenia only covers 20,273 square kilometres, it has no less than 28,000 kilometres of watercourses. This land, which is so rich in water, is home to water spices, among them also famous autochthonous grown-up Soča trout. Indulge in fishing and fly fishing in the crystal clear water of Soca River.
– KOBARID MUSEUM OF WWI: Kobarid Museum displays exhibits on the events that occurred during World War I on the Soška fronta – Isonzo Front. It covers two and a half years of static fighting and portrays in detail the 12th Isonzo battle. The latter is one of the major battles in the history of mankind having taken place in hilly terrain. The exhibits – giant reliefs of the surrounding mountains, a wealth of photographs, and an audiovisual presentation – tell with sensitivity the tale of the difficult and bloody times near the Soča River. The described events are related to the adventures and memories of celebrities, among others also Ernest Hemingway.
– ZIP LINE ACTIVITY above Soca Valley: Fly 200 m above the ground and enjoy panoramic views above Soca Valley. Experience an adrenaline rush while flying between two of the highest mountains in Soca Valley.
Your driver will take you to Kranjska Gora. First stop for a coffee break at Lake Jasna. Admire the reflections of mountains in the crystal clear lake water. Jasna consists of two interconnected
artificial lakes at the confluence of the Velika Pišnica and Mala Pišnica streams.
After a short stop with wonderful views continue to Planica. Planica is an Alpine valley in northwestern Slovenia, extending south from the border village of Rateče, not far from another well-known ski resort, Kranjska Gora. Further south, the valley extends into the Tamar Valley, a popular hiking destination in Triglav National Park. Planica is famous for ski jumping.
Sadly, we cannot include the ski jumping activity to your itinerary as many years of training are needed to be able and allowed to jump on the biggest ski jumping hill in the world! But we are happy to provide the alternative: The World’s biggest ski jumping hill – the most spectacular Zipline in the world! Experience the sensations of Slovenian eagles and the world jumping elite with the help of the steepest zip line descent in the world, and fly over the Planica giant hill, the largest ski flying hill in the world. Your spectacular flight will be as much as 566 m long, and you will reach the speed of up to 85 km/h in just a few seconds.
This will not be the end of adrenaline and fun!
After zip line activity continue with another extraordinary experience. Wind tunnel at Planica Nordic Centre was constructed with the intention of fulfilling human natural aspiration for flying. The wind current in the tunnel is very strong, so you can simply lie on the air mattress and fly! Flying in the wind tunnel of the Planica Nordic Centre is a unique and completely safe experience. Find something new, original and fun. The entire procedure takes approximately 1 hour (including the preparations for flying), and you fly in the wind tunnel 3 times for one minute and a half.
Continue with a private transfer to Bled in the late afternoon.
On your way to Bled, near Kranjska Gora, do additional stop at Zelenci Natural reserve. Emerald green water. This natural reserve is home to various interesting flora, among it carnivorous
sundew, and among animals, amphibians and nesting birds are represented in large numbers. Following a wooden footbridge, you can walk to the lake and around the swamps without harming
nature. An unforgettable green experience.
After arrival to Bled do a check-in and enjoy evening at leisure.
In the morning enjoy Bled Canyoning activity: The force of water carved beautiful gems underneath the Alps, called canyons. Deep pools, high waterfalls, fascinating slides, nature in all her
glory are a guarantee for adrenaline fun suitable for everyone! Not far from lake Bled, we gear up, hike to the top, go through safety procedures and start jumping.
Duration: approx. 3-4 hours
In the afternoon, after lunch continue with a private guided tour of Bled: Bled is famous for its blue-green alpine lake, picture-postcard church on an island, a medieval castle clinging to a rocky cliff and some of the highest peaks of the Julian Alps and the Karavanke as backdrops – Bled is definitely a must visit place while in Slovenia.
After the tour, it’s time to try worldwide known cream cake!
Finish your day with a romantic Pletna boat ride: Traditional wooden boat ‘pletna’ will take you to the island in the middle of the lake. After landing, climb 99 stone steps to reach the Assumption of Mary Church, where you can listen to the church bell and ring it yourself. Legend has it that this will make your wish come true!
Start your day early to catch a good weather conditions for Ballooning above lake Bled: balloon flight over Bled lake, and its surroundings with stunning views of the Julian and Karavanke
Alps, Triglav National Park and beautiful Sava river valley and small villages.
Next, visit Vintgar Gorge: The highlight is a 1600m wooden walkway through the gorge, built in 1893 and continually rebuilt since. It crisscrosses the swirling Radovna River four times over rapids, waterfalls and pools before reaching 16m-high Šum Waterfall. The entire walk is spectacular. There are little snack bars at the beginning and the end of the walkway.
Regain your strengths and get to know the locals at the Homestead Dornk Bled: homestead pr’Dornk is located in Bled, only 200 meters from the lake, in the old village of Mlino. The house has already completed 240 years and features some great examples of real authentic artefacts from this area: black kitchen (still in use nowadays), old stable and above the barn for hay, where you can see through the ethnological collection and exhibition of Nativity scenes.
After a small snack, continue to beekeeping facility Kralov Med. One of most successful Slovenian beekeeper with many awards is also special in way that he caught a swarm of bees on snow white honey combs. Get involved in this special story and try their great honey.
Both Dornk homestead and Kralov Med are perfect opportunities to purchase unique and useful souvenirs for your loved ones!
Rest of the day at leisure.
Private transfer to Bohinj. Lake Bohinj is one of the top natural pearls of Slovenia. It lies within Triglav National Park enclosed by the beautiful Julian Alps. Lake offers bathing between June and September, but the area around the lake draws fans of various sport activities and pristine nature environment throughout the year. Bohinj offers numerous activities on the lake and it the surrounding mountains.
Choose between the following options, depending on your interests:
– OPTION 1: Bohinj paragliding. Enjoy extraordinary views from the air to the Bohinj Valley in tandem paragliding. Depending on the wind conditions and time of the day we can choose
from two different locations in our surroundings, higher Mt. Vogel and lower Mt. Vogar.
– OPTION 2: Kayaking and SUPing are the most popular water activities in Slovenia, especially in Bohinj. Exploring upper part of Sava Bohinjka river is pure joy and unforgettable experience for beginners and intermediate kayakers. You can attend kayak school, kayak or SUP tour or simply rent the equipment and explore on your own.
– OPTION 3: Canyoning. Discover a world of Bohinj canyons, that water has formed them through thousand of years, which is normally inaccessible. Canyoning is a great fun and just like
a natural water park. Abseil down the beautiful waterfalls, jump into pools of crystal clear water and slide down the natural toboggans under the instructions of experienced guides.
– OPTION 4: Mt. Vogel cable car. Ascend with cable car to the top of Mt. Vogel from where fantastic view to Triglav National Park with Bohinj Lake and Mt. Triglav open. On the top you have
some great dining options. The trail from the upper Vogel cable car station to the mountain pasture is well marked, partially winding its way up and down the ski slope. The walk takes approximately 30 minutes.
Rest of the afternoon enjoy on Bohinj lake and return to Bled in the late afternoon.
Private transfer to Ljubljana Airport.
Private transfer to Venice/Zagreb airport is available for a supplement.