Discover real nature paradise of Switzerland. Enjoy 11 relaxed days of picturesque scenery, breathtaking views, romantic towns, eternal ice and snow, rural villages and historic buildings.
Duration: 10 nights / 11 days
No. of persons: 1 pax.
Meals included: breakfast daily and tastings (food tours) as per itinerary
Guides, transportation: Local guides as written in the itinerary
Swiss Travel Pass ticket including all train and other public transportation around the country
- Zürich: Where Timeless Beauty Meets Urban Sophistication
- Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus: Majestic Beauty and Alpine Adventure
- Interlaken to Zermatt: Alpine Wonders and the Iconic Matterhorn
- Zermatt: The Majestic Gateway to the Swiss Alps
- Geneva: Where Elegance, Diplomacy, and Natural Beauty Converge
Train transfer from Zurich Airport to Zurich city center (approx. 15 min). Check-in at your hotel. Free time to enjoy Zurich on your own and rest after a long flight.
Discover the spectacular sights of Zurich, one of most vibrant Swiss city. Cruise past legendary landmarks like the sophisticated Bahnhofstrasse and admire the shimmering surface of Lake Zurich. See, too, the sacred St Peter’s Church and the charming Old Town, and then ride the Dolderbahn railway to the undulating hills of the Zurichberg district.
Enjoy full-day romantic tour from Zurich to biggest European waterfalls of Rhein Falls and stroll through romantic towns of Switzerland: Stein am Rhein, Schaffhausen and St. Gallen with famous Abbey Library. Tour with private guide and train transfers.
Morning train transfer to Lucerne (approx. 1 hour). Free for individual exploring.
Lucerne ranks amongst the world’s prettiest cities, and there is so much to see. Contributing to Lucerne’s cityscape alongside the world-famous Chapel Bridge and Water Tower are the Musegg Wall, the Jesuit Church, the Mill Bridge, the Lion Monument and many more.
Tip of the day (optionally you can add this to the itinerary)
- Lunch cruise on Lake Lucerne: Culinary highlights combined with amazing scenery. Make any ordinary day extraordinary by enjoying your lunch break on Lake Lucerne. Start at 12.00 pm. A salad buffet and seasonal variations of our innovative menus await you. Cap it all with a sweet sensation for dessert and you’ll be sure to disembark with a smile.
- Chocolate making & tasting: First an exclusive tasting, followed by chocolate making. Chocolate experts will take you on a journey into the world of cocoa and share their knowledge about the quality and ingredients of our chocolate treats with you. During the chocolate tasting, you will enjoy 6 – 7 seasonal treats and afterwards, you will be able to pour chocolate bars and stamp truffles yourself.
- Visit of the Glass factory of Hergiswil where you can see the glass blowers at work: Find out for yourselves what crafts-manlike skill it takes to form glass out of the glowing mass, blow it, and cast it. Glass-makers come from Portugal and Italy. You can even blow your own glass ball, with the help of a glass-maker. After 15 minutes’ cooling, the glass ball is ready for you to take home as a souvenir. Entrance fee of 7 CHF/person is payable on the spot. For additional activities different supplement applies.
Mt. Pilatus: Golden Pilatus round trip to enjoy the great views from the summit of Pilatus.
Lucerne’s very own mountain, Pilatus, is one of the most legendary places in Central Switzerland. And one of the most beautiful. The mountain can be reached from Lucerne by gondola lift and aerial cable car, during the Summer world’s steepest cogwheel train will take you to the top – combined with boat ride on Lake Lucerne.
Rest of the day at leisure.
Train transfer to Interlaken. Free time to enjoy both lakes and take a boat cruise in the afternoon on Thunersee Lake.
A cruise on the clear, blue waters of Lake Thun amid the mountains of the Bernese Oberland is an unforgettable experience. During the unhurried two-hour trip between Thun and Interlaken (or vice versa), you can indulge in fine cuisine while casting admiring gazes at the castles on the banks and the mountains beyond.
Top of Europe Jungfraujoch: Enjoy a combination of cogwheel train ride and spectacular new tricable Eiger Express gondola ride through green meadows and the hard rock of the Mountain Eiger to Europe’s highest railway station at 11,333 ft: the famous Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe). A visit to the Jungfraujoch is an unforgettable experience in a high-Alpine wonderland of eternal ice and snow and a true highlight of a visit in Switzerland.
The Sphinx is the highest vantage point on the Top of Europe at 3,571m. Once at the top you will have magnificent views of the longest ice stream in the Alps, the Aletsch Glacier. The mighty Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau massif soaring almost vertically up from the valley is also a sight to behold. This whole area is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The average temperature during the summer months varies from around -9c to 1.7c degrees.
– new Eiger Express tricable gondola ride
– Ice Palace
– Alpine Sensation
– Jungfrau-Panorama: A 360 degree panoramic mountain experience, with a film allowing you to enter the magical world of the Jungfraujoch as it changes through 365 days of the year.
– Lindt Chocolate Heaven
– Sphinx Viewing Platform
– Glacier Suspension Bridge
– Snow Fun Park
– Hike to Mönchsjoch Hut
You have a choice of restaurants here, from a quick snack in the self service cafeteria to a more leisurely lunch in the Crystal restaurant.
Return to Interlaken in the afternoon and evening at leisure.
Scenic train ride to the car-free village of Zermatt, set on the foot of the mighty Matterhorn. Rest of the day at leisure in Zermatt, famous because of the best view of the impressive Matterhorn. The rural village with the dark sunburned wooden houses is inviting for shopping and fine eating.
Ascend by cable car to the top of Matterhorn glacier, set on a high plateau and surrounded by mountains 13,124 feet high. Fantastic highest viewing platform in Europe (3883 m) – one of the best views I have ever seen in my life! The Matterhorn and Switzerland are inseparably linked to each other. The pyramid shaped colossus of a mountain, which is very difficult to climb, is said to be the most-photographed mountain in the world. The Klein-Matterhorn (“Little Matterhorn”) which you reach by cable car, lies adjacent to the Matterhorn. During Summer you can hike or during Winter ski on the glacier.
Train transfer to Geneva. On your way do a short stop in Montreux and visit Chillon Castle.
Montreux has been around for centuries, but really got going in the 19th century, when it was favored by the British and Russian nobility for winter retreats. A Mediterranean-like microclimate allows palms and flowers to flourish; a lakefront and alpine views are other drawcards. A flamboyant statue of Freddie Mercury, bang slap on the waterfront in his trademark strutting pose, is a reminder that Queen recorded several albums in Montreux.
Chillon Castle is located on a rock on the banks of Lake Geneva. The water castle is the most visited historic building in Switzerland. For nearly four centuries Chillon was the residence and profitable toll station of the Counts of Savoy. You can explore Castle on your own or you can join a guided tour. They even offer wine tasting of their own wine production after the guided tour.
In the afternoon continue to Geneva. Check-in at your hotel and at leisure.
Geneva is a truly one-of-a-kind city in the heart of Switzerland. The center of diplomacy, high business and luxury, also rich in history, surrounded by beautiful nature.
The symbol of the «world’s smallest metropolis» is the “Jet d’eau” – a fountain with a 140-metre-high water jet at the periphery of Lake Geneva. Most of the large hotels and many restaurants are situated on the right-hand shore of the lake. The old town, the heart of Geneva with the shopping and business quarter, holds sway over the left-hand shore. It is dominated by St. Peter’s Cathedral, however the actual centre of the old town is the Place du Bourg-de-Four, which is the oldest square in the city. Quays, lakeside promenades, countless parks, lively side streets in the old town and elegant shops invite guests to stroll.
Day at leisure for your own exploring.
Train transfer to Geneva Airport.